01 July 2009

Readers Respond: 5 Favorite Films with Matt Balach

Readers Respond-5 Favorite Films with Matt Balach




You may know him from the TV show, "Fixing Cars With Matt Balach". He's an executive officer in the United States Army and a beast in the weightroom. It's Matt Balach and these are his 5 favorite films.

5. Star Wars IV: A New Hope

This film started the franchise. It's fun, easily the most fun movie in this series. Not over ethically indulgent as some of the others, very light hearted, and none of the scenes seem forced upon you.

4. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

This is a real step for the Star Trek series as it is the first film where one of the major characters dies. Ricardo Montalban is a great enemy that is actually a little bit frightening. The subplot about Will Shatner getting old is extremely interesting and Kirstie Alley is hot! I also just love it when Chekov says "Wessels"

3. The Godfather

"I'm a very powerful man". Need I say more? The montage scene here is probably the greatest I have ever seen. Quotes, I love the quotes in this movie. When Santucchi drives out to kill Paulie, "Leave the gun. Take the Cannoli."

2. Tombstone


"You'll have to excuse me if I don't shake hands". Very topical considering the swine flu epidemic. It's better than Wyatt Earp, another film about the gunslinger. It's a great mix of violence with a thoughtful story. Oh yeah, Dana Delany is hot!

1. Pulp Fiction


Do I have to say anything about this one? Most quotable movie ever, especially the apartment scene. Quentin Tarantino is my favorite director and it revived the career of John Travolta.

No comments:

Post a Comment