23 April 2009

Readers Respond -- Top 5 Films -- Michael David

"Readers Respond" will be an on-going, occasional feature where you, the reader, can write and comment on a top-5 list of your own.
He’s a guy’s guy and he doesn’t want to talk about his feelings. No matter how good you think you did something, he can always outdo you. He’s Michael David, winner of the 2008 Everett Oratory Contest, and all-around bad-ass. These are his five favorite films.

5. Boondock Saints

Willem Dafoe's character is awesome. I greatly enjoy the general theme of a vigilante acting in the name of virtue. The cinematography that involves first showing Dafoe trying to figure out what happened at a crime scene, and then showing the scene actually happening works really well.



4. The Big Lebowski

This film is funny on multiple levels. It also draws a lot of parallels into itself from the current events of the time.






3. Old School

I saw this movie in theaters with my brother and other Sigma Chi members on my first trip to Hillsdale College, and none of us could stop laughing for the entire time. That is one of my favorite memories, and this movie played a big part in it. Also, each character is hilarious in a different way.



2. The Matrix

This film is a real mind blower of a movie. When you combine the story with awesome fight scenes, music, and plot, it doesn’t get a lot better. Also, I love Keanu Reeves.




1. Anchorman

I have seen this movie at least 10 times and the jokes only get better with age. Plus, I really love Will Ferrell.

No comments:

Post a Comment