21 August 2009

Coming Up- August 22, 2009



This weekend I am looking forward to viewing the film I most looked forward to at the beginning of the summer.

The last Tarantino movie that I saw was Death Proof. This, along with with its double-feature guest, Planet Terror, provided an amazing amount entertainment. Pure Awesomeness.

Inglourious Basterds, also directed by Quentin Tarantino, has been promoted as at least the equal of Death Proof in terms of awesomeness production.

At the same time, there is another new release that seems to look a little bit interesting.



Post Grad may just be trying to take advantage of the recent recession business, but it seems to me to be the kind of story that has been ignored in a lot of ways. There have been multiple stories that tell the coming of age story from the male perspective, but few that tell the story in a seriously funny way from the female perspective.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to your thoughts on Inglourious Basterds. Still not sure how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent 4 hours going through the Holocaust Museum, only to follow it up with renting "Defiance." (Didn't think I wanted to attempt Schindler's List at that point.)

    It was an interesting way to add another level of perspective, and it helped provide information that "Defiance" doesn't address. From now on, I've decided to start accompanying these kinds of activities with movies where applicable. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on my Basterds essay. I know how I feel about it, and what I should think about it. It will hopefully be done in some form by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete